Potential Paint Chipping Issues with the JUKE

The Juke has a lot of newly engineered components which will undoubtedly have some issues. Please let people know what problems you are experiencing. Ask technical questions related to the Juke under this topic.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.

Potential Paint Chipping Issues with the JUKE

Ad

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 2:37 am
jukegirl wrote:hello juke owners,

I have had a few problems with my new juke and I have been in contact with Nissan Canada and my dealership many times. I have written a 3 page letter the CEO of Nissan about them. So far nothing has been resolved. Apparently they are aware of the poor gas mileage and consumption they are getting, and if this is a problem for you, YOU NEED TO REPORT IT! If anything is going to be done about these things it has to be reported, including you guys in the States!!
The weather has warmed up a bit and my windshield problem has not happened again, but it will!! The dealership took my car on the warmest days of the winter to check it out. Yes imagine it was working! And to test the mileage they drove it 175 kilometers to the tech guys house and left me on a empty tank!!! My gas was in it! Can you imagine? Who does that? They had no permission to take it off the lot! I have been asked to keep track of how many litres, how much and how often i fill up and how many k/tank i am getting. I will keep everyone posted.

My paint is chipping off, every time i wash it i have more paint missing. as for mileage ive noticed i get alot more mileage when i put it on eco
Site Admin
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 4:44 am
Make sure you document your paint problems with a dealer and high resolution photos. It is important that photos are taken with good lighting and a scale in each photo. It would also be wise to document typical roads traveled.

It can be hard to get cars repainted under warranty, but normally it isn't impossible.

I am going to make this it's own post as I have seen similar problems from other manufactures. (Nissan may subcontract the painting to the same place.)

If you own a JUKE and are also having a chipping issue make sure to post here. Post pictures and tell your story.

Both 3M and scotchgard make clear adhesive bras which have been successful at protecting and saving paint without messing up the look of your ride.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:03 pm
Hi I too am having issues with the paint chipping. I bought my Juke in November and it already has several chips in the hood and on on the gas tank and one on the driver's side rear view mirror. I thought this was highly unusual for a car that was only 7 months old. I drove my Hyundai Santa Fe for 10 years and never saw anything like this! I have made a complaint, but like the other stories I have read.....they blame the environment, which I think is a load of BS cuz I live in the suburbs of Southern California, not a construction zone! My brother bought one as well and I called him today after getting a call from the regional supervisor about the issue being environmental, and he has similar issues. He lives in Montreal. Funny how we all live in rock slide areas!! Also, my J has fallen off, so I am currently advertizing the Nissan UKE : ) it confuses people. I think there is strength in numbers and I hope everyone that has an issue will post here, then maybe Nissan will take it's head out of the sand and treat their customers with some respect!
Site Admin
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:18 am
There is strength in numbers. Please take photos and post them here. Make sure you have a ruler or something of known scale in the photo.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:12 am
My Juke has 3 little chips already on the hood. Less than 2000 miles on it. Gonna clear bra it to prevent future chips. I hardly ever drive on the freeway or close behind any vehicles. I am very meticulous so this bugs me :|

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:11 am
My car has chips allover it so you cannot blame it on stones. I have not had 40 stones hit my car in 1 month that is absolutley not true I have been working at the same job for over 7years I returned a nissan sentra that had less chips after 4years of driving and a Toyota Rav after 4years. I owned a suzuki for 10 years that had less chips. Anything touches this juke that paint chips off. I have 3 huge paint chips on the drivers door, over 20 on the hood and more all over the car. So i drove through a rock storm, we have to fight this. They have taken pictures twice and no one gets back to me. I know they're hoping I give up, but I'm not going to.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:12 am
ana wrote:
jukegirl wrote:hello juke owners,

I have had a few problems with my new juke and I have been in contact with Nissan Canada and my dealership many times. I have written a 3 page letter the CEO of Nissan about them. So far nothing has been resolved. Apparently they are aware of the poor gas mileage and consumption they are getting, and if this is a problem for you, YOU NEED TO REPORT IT! If anything is going to be done about these things it has to be reported, including you guys in the States!!
The weather has warmed up a bit and my windshield problem has not happened again, but it will!! The dealership took my car on the warmest days of the winter to check it out. Yes imagine it was working! And to test the mileage they drove it 175 kilometers to the tech guys house and left me on a empty tank!!! My gas was in it! Can you imagine? Who does that? They had no permission to take it off the lot! I have been asked to keep track of how many litres, how much and how often i fill up and how many k/tank i am getting. I will keep everyone posted.

My paint is chipping off, every time i wash it i have more paint missing. as for mileage ive noticed i get alot more mileage when i put it on eco

Who is the CEO I'll write a letter as well!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:52 am
Yep, I have 2011 dark bronze juke starting to look like it has dandruff on the hood, lots of little white chips. Pointed out to one dealer and he said to "keep an eye on it" and they would take pictures at some point if the problem continues.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:55 pm
Does anyone know who we can email about the paint chip issue.
The dealers don't do anything about it.

I have the red cayen juke, i just notice a lot of paint chips on my hood. They are small, just like white spots, but still it is not normal.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:30 pm
I have had my black sapphire Juke for 15 months now and I am flabbergasted by what cheap pain they put on our Jukes! Any little nick or bump makes it fall off! The other day I bumped the gas nozzle on the top of the gas door, boom white spot! I bought the nail polish bottle of my cars paint to fill some of them in, but you can always tell so i'm sure sure what is worse, white flecks of pain missing or odd dark areas clear to anyone that you tried hiding it....Hate to say this, but my Mazda 3's paint was 10X better than on my Juke....what a shame Nissan.....
Next

Return to Nissan Juke Technical Support